- March 29, 2013
- Posted by: Vishal Shah
- Category: Optiinfo
A business card guides your potential client in developing a lasting opinion about you, your organization and your business. So, with a proper business card design, you have a great chance to make that impactful first impression. In fact, your card is one of the most attractive self-promotional materials that you can carry anywhere for effective networking.
Designing a card for your business involves a number of significant aspects that should be properly taken care of. Here are some important things which you should consider for designing that perfect card that will promote your business most effectively.
– Have a clear goal: Before creating your business card, it is important that you determine your goal. Do you aim to simply introduce your business or project something unique to rise above the competition? Once you have a clear idea of your goal, you will find it convenient to decide on the elements you would be including in your card. That will also give you an idea about how the entire card will look.
– Include all significant information: Do not commit the blunder of creating an attractive card that misses out some of the important and relevant information. It might lead to losing a prospective client. While going for the business card design, make sure that you include your contact information (telephone number, cell number, email address and fax number), company name, company logo as well as office address. Specifically, these are the things that clients would be looking for once they are interested in your products or services.
– Clearly define your business: Although the business card does not offer you much space to describe your business in detail, you can always use a phrase or a short sentence that speaks about your business. This is to ensure that the person who receives your card is not confused about what your business is dealing with.
– Flaunt a unique appearance: If you want every receiver of your business card to remember you, go for a unique card that draws the attention. Consider incorporating something interesting or catchy which people find worth remembering.
– Include a picture or image: Remember that when you are offering a business card to somebody, it should be different from a mere piece of paper containing your handwriting. Place an interesting and relevant picture that draws the attention of your prospects and helps them remember you. Your might consider placing your own image or something to depict the kind of business you are in. Inclusion of typography is also a good idea as it creates a range of pictures.
– Carefully analyze the design: You can always have a look at business card design from different organizations and think of doing some changes to become more competitive. Keep in mind that the design carries the image of your business. Once you are sure that your design is perfect to help you stand out from the crowd, go ahead and get it printed.
– Take care of the paper quality: The business concept and perspective should match the category of paper you are using. Whichever the type of paper be it, whether matte, glossy, perforated edges, torn edges or textured, make sure that the final output is absolutely presentable.
– Use the right size: Whenever you are designing a card, make sure that the size is compatible with the card holders that are available in the market. If your card does not fit into the holders, people might misplace or lose it, or even refrain from keeping it.
– Ensure accessibility: This is especially important if your business has a global presence. In such a scenario if you create cards incorporating the language of the region which you intend to target. Such practice will impress your clients and give you an added advantage.
Since business cards are very important promotional tools of your business, it is good to have the best ones that will help you create an impact. These tips will surely help you go for outstanding designs.
Promotional tools like business cards, flyers, posters can powerfully boost your marketing campaigns. Learn how to power up your promotions from sreeya roy choudhary a professional in a logo, brochure, flyer and business card design company, who has written many articles on the use of logos and corporate stationery for impactful promotions.